Parental Relocation

When a parent has been offered a better employment opportunity or needs support from family in another jurisdiction, they may seek permission from the Court to relocate with their minor children. In as much as a relocation request will undoubtedly limit the other parent’s rights to access with the minor children, Florida created Florida Statute Section 61.1003 which outlines the procedures and requirements that must be met in order to obtain the court’s permission to relocate with the minor children.  Parental relocations are one of the most difficult family law cases for the parties, the children and the court. The ultimate standard is whether it is in the best interest of the minor children for the court to permit the relocation under the facts and circumstances of your particular case.

Free Consultation

Contact Us