Contempt / Enforcement

When a party to a family law case fails and/or refuses to comply with the provisions of a judgment or court order, it may be necessary for the other party to seek court intervention to obtain compliance with the directives of the court.  Examples include a party’s non-payment of child support, alimony or attorney’s fees, a party’s non-compliance with parental responsibility or time sharing, or a party’s failure to deliver a document or information within a reasonable time.  Depending on the type of non-compliance, the party may have the right to ask the court to find the non-compliant party in contempt of court and/or to enter an order enforcing the obligation by all means available to the court.  If a party in your dispute has failed to comply with a court order, it is recommended that you seek enforcement as soon as practical following the violation.

Free Consultation

Contact Us